Introducing Little Miss Matcha, she’s lime green, comes all the way from Japan and is truly magnificent!
I’d wanted to try the miracle ‘matcha’ for a while… though I was always a bit put off by it’s crazy price tag (around £10 per 100g and that’s for the cheaper stuff).
However, on reading about some of matcha’s super powers I decided to give it a whirl!
I’ve been on match every day for over a week, very early days, so I’m not going to comment on it’s effectiveness for me, personally… also I’ve eaten about 10KG of chocolate eggs this week, so I’m not sure if that’s undone any good work matcha may have done, oops. Be better next week, promise.
Anyho…Here’s some Matcha facts that you NEED to know:
- Matcha Green Tea Powder has 137 times more antioxidants than a cuppa green tea! So it’s actually pretty good value for money, you only need half a teaspoonful.
- Matcha is metabolism boosting. Just what I need after the naughty Easter bunny’s visit.
- Matcha is detoxifying for mind & body. Yes and Yes.
- Matcha is calming, many people take it to calm their anxiety or just to help focus.
- Matcha is very rich in fibre (so you really need to be careful about your dose or you could be in for a bit too much of a detox, if you know what I mean!
- Matcha is a mood enhancer, hell yeah, all need a slice of that pie!
- Matcha helps to lower cholesterol and prevent all kinds of diseases, always a winner.
- Matcha is rich in zinc, magnesium and vitamin c, these a pretty vital, yet another selling point.
Have your tried Match green tea, what DO you think, I always love to know?
Happy Healthy-ing (: